Wednesday, February 6, 2013

OK - I am finally able to log in.  I am at LAX airport and it is 9:45 PM PST/12:45 AM EST.  My day has been an adventure, that is why I couldn't log in at O'Hare.  In true Buffalo style, there were a bunch of issues at the airport.  Our plane was 20 minutes late getting to Buffalo, then the jet way for the incoming plane was broken, so we moved from gate 10 to gate 26.  A little girl on our flight must have had a feeling about this, as she ran away from her mom and toward gate 26, the little girl won that foot race.  We arrived in Chicago about 45 minutes late and that gave me 30 minutes to get to my flight.  I was in Concourse F and needed to be in C.  I boarded the bus and got to my gate in the nick-of-time.  No lunch for this traveler.

As I settled into my aisle seat the couple next to me started chatting, which was fine but they chatted, talked loud, and fidgeted the whole four and a half hours.  They needed the restroom 3 times!  I tried to sleep and faked sleeping so they would just leave me alone.  I know that sounds mean but I was so tired I didn't want to deal with them! 

Arrival at LAX was uneventful until I got to the baggage claim and the lady told me that my bags were sent to Newark NJ and not LAX!  I was about to cry when she said that they would be here by 5 PM PST and I could pick them up.  So, my Aunt Jan and Uncle Norm picked me up and we had a wonderful dinner.  This is the first week in my life were I saw all of my uncles in three days!

Norm dropped me at the United terminal to pick up my way-ward baggage and dropped me at the Qaantas terminal, where I have been sitting since 8 PST.  I have changed into my comfy, unflattering yoga pants, my Michigan oversized sweat shirt and a tee-shirt.  Contacts out and ready for sleep.  Goodnight my friends and the next blog you will get will be from Aussie Land!  Good Night Mates!

No comments:

Post a Comment